Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Iban`s 2007 calendar


In an interview with Diario Vasco, a Basque sports daily, Saunier Duval director Joxean "Matxin" Fernandez revealed much of Iban`s 2007 calendar. According to Fernandez, he will start his season in the Vuelta a Andalucia and the Vuelta a Murcia in April, with the purpose of getting race kilometres into his legs. Then he will participate in the Pro Tour stage-race Paris-Nice, his home race Vuelta al Pais Vasco, the two spring-classics Fleche Wallonne and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, before heading to the Giro, as Gilberto Simoni`s chief domestique. After the Giro, Iban will of course do the Tour, where he will share leadership with the brilliant José Angel Gomez Marchante. From the on, his calendar is not planned. Though, I have to say I love his calendar for next year. He`ll participate in all races I hoped he would.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that Iban is taking part in the Giro, personally I cannot wait to see him Gibo, and Piepoli causing chaos on the zonoclan and the other mountain top finishes.

Magnus said...

Seems like an unbelievably strong team. Ricco will also participate, something which makes them even stronger.

Unknown said...

The Giro seems like a prefect choise for Iban. There won't be much pressure on him, I think that was Iban's major problem the last couple of years.

Magnus said...

Perhaps if Iban go well early on, he will get some freedom and share leadership duties with Gibo...

Arturo F said...

Hi!! I am a supporter of Iban from Spain, near Basque Country. I am very up to date about all that Iban concern.
I am not sure that Iban start in Andalucia and go on in Murcia . It is impossible to start in Murcia and Paris-Niza becouse 11 March are running the both races.
I have heard as well about start in Mallorca, so I hope to see Mayo already on 7 February.
I dont know if it is possible to be in good shape from Niza to Tour of France, in spite of the little rest in June. I hope so, becouse I would like to see Mayo in good shape in the Giro, and in the case Simoni be in less condition, try to get a good overall.
Sorry about my english.
I am surprising about Iban´s support in other countries.
Aupa Iban!!

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers