Thursday, April 12, 2007

Verdugo declerations


Breakaway-hero of the day, Gorka Verdugo, talked to www.fundacioneuskadi.com after today`s stage. This is what he had to say: "I`m partly pleased. On one hand I`m content with helping my team by filtering in the break. We saw the importance of being in the breaks yesterday. For the first time we didn`t enter the break... The truth is that we haven`t had much luck. Today we joined the rigth break, but Voigt had a brilliant day and was impossible to follow. The truth is that when you join a break, you always hope and imagine it`ll go home, so I`m left with a bittersweet flavour in my mouth. When I saw that I couldn`t win the stage, I "stopped", recovered, and gave it my all for the team. I`m a teamplayer, and in this team they value that job, something, which for me, is fundamental. As for the overall, it looks difficult, but you never know. We will be with Samu until the end, as he`s the leader without a doubt. We`ll do what we can to win stages as well as the overall".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers