Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Iban speaks


Iban talked to El Mundo Deportivo on yesterday`s rest day. He talked of the GC, the remaining stages and his form. Read on: "It`s only when you are well placed on GC that you start to think about it. But the Tour is far from over, and we can all fail on some of the remaining stages. I`ve prepared myself in the best possible way for the Tour every year, but it hasn`t worked out for me since 2003. This time round I`ve learned a lesson, I knew that I was good, but you still don`t know what can happen to you. The second place made me feel very pleased with my form. It was a very hard and hot stage (into Tignes). The last climb was windy in the beginning, but then it dropped off a little until the headwind came and made damage. Though, I would still not rule out Vinokourov. I have to admit that I didn`t think of him on the ascent, I was more worried about the headwind. Though, I think the other riders along side me thought of him, and there was much respect towards one another that day". He further spoke of his joy at being back to his best: "After 2003 people have expected too much from me. I wanted to perform, but the legs just weren`t there time and time again. But when this happens (his good ride in Tignes), you feel the bike has no boundaries. For that reason I was happy for myself yesterday, for the team, and for those who are with me on my darkest moments". He ended by talking of the Pyrenees: "For the Basques it`s an extra motivation, especially the stage to the Aubisque. You know that your family and friends are there, so you want to give 200 %."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Estoy disfrutando y quiero aprovecharlo; si estoy bien, atacaré"
noticiasdegipuzkoa.com, 17 Juli 2007

"Ahora, fuera del Euskaltel, corro con menos presión"
elpais.com, 17 Juli 2007


http://interview.cyclingfever.com/index.html?_p=rider&id=99&country=6

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers