Sunday, July 15, 2007

The wonderkid speaks of stage 8


Euskaltel`s impressive 24-year-old Amets Txurruka had a brilliant day in the mountains today, coming home 30th after being prominent in breaks all day long. The climbing prodigy spoke to www.fundacioneuskadi.com after the stage to give his assesment of the stage: "I`m pleased. I`m riding the Tour for the first time and I`ve showed myself ahead in the mountains. To be in the breakaway, with riders like Rasmussen, Hincapie, Gutierrez, Voigt and Rogers, was really exciting. I feel good, and I`ve made it through the first week, which is to me the most dangerous one. In the mountains I`m getting better and better". It`ll be exciting to see how he copes with his first GT, but it would be awesome if he gets all the way to Paris.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers