Thursday, September 13, 2007

Samu 7th and Koldo 11th in Vuelta stage 12


Euskaltel won the team rankings of the day, as the team put three riders among the 22 first. Samu sprinted well to claim 7th, even though he was partially boxed in, while Koldo came in as number 11th and Iñaki was 22nd. I know the victories are all that counts in cycling, but these are still good results and should be valued. I'm happy with the team's performance today, but Koldo, who turned 26 today, was all but happy about his sprint. "It was a stage suited to me, but I didn't take advantage of it", he told http://www.fundacioneuskadi.com/. "I didn't feel good today, I'm starting to notice the kilometres accumulated in my legs. Unfortunately I didn't get the birthday present I had hoped for, but I'll continue to try in the upcoming stages". Not much else to report, besides that Aitor Hernández was the only Euskaltel rider to come in after the main pack, 1 minute and 50 seconds in arrears. And, even though it's anecdotal, Igor moved up to 12th overall as Piepoli didn't take to the start today.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers