Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The UCI makes me sleep


I was looking through UCI's homepage a few days ago for any news on Iban. Of course it was a longshot, but I decided to give it a try. It was a waste of time naturally, as the UCI likes to keep things silent and under the carpet. What I found though, to my surprise, was that Iban is still on the UCI's riders ranking list. Iban placed 87th, having accumulated 19 points. He would no doubt placed higher if it wasn't for the false positive, but enough about that. I had just assumed the UCI would have removed him from their lists. It would be against the rules, sure, but that wouldn't stop them, that's standard procedure almost. Okay, I'll try to tune down my sarcasm towards the UCI, I know it gets a little out of hand sometimes. My apologies. Anyway, what happened to that B-sample, or should I say E-sample? The UCI must surely be the slowest organisation on earth. Zzzz, zzz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at it this way, Magnus. The test was supposed to have been done again more than a week ago. If it had been found positive, you can be sure that the UCI would have announced it straight away. They haven't, so it must be negative again, and the UCi are wondering what to do next.

Magnus said...

I'm thinking the same thing, but I'm afraid we're not that lucky.

Anonymous said...

Is that you on the photo Magnus? :D

And yes, no words about UCI.

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers