Monday, April 07, 2008

Igor pleased with first stage


A lot of us were anxious to see what Igor could come up with today after his recent struggles. He impressed though, coming in with the first group, and expressed his delight to the team's website post-stage: "It was a special day considering all that's happened the last 7 days. I was unsure on whether to start the race right up until the last minute, so this was an important day for me. I'm pleased with how it unfolded. I came in with the lead group and felt good all day. I didn't move when Contador attacked, but when Evans and Cunego accelerated, I followed, and I came over the top of the Deskarga feeling good. The tendon annoyed me a bit to begin with, but it didn't take long for the pain to go away. I hope to recover well and to keep on going like this. The truth is that I'm only thinking of the next day and to do what is necessary for the team".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers