Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I'm sad for the team"


Igor spoke to the team's website yesterday after being diagnosed with a fractured collarbone. Here's what the climbing ace had to say: "What happened to me was awful. My front-wheel slipped away under me in a left-hand turn, and I crashed. But I'm mainly sad for the team. We're doing very well in this Vuelta, but suddenly it's all for nothing because of this misfortune. I don't know if I could have stayed with Contador or not, but it makes no sense talking about it now. Right now I want to send a message of hope to my companions. We've been doing great so far, and we have to keep it up. Our goals will change, but we've worked as a team all along and we have to continue that way. I want to thank all my team-mates for the support they've lended me in this race. I'm convinced we'll continue being protagonists in this race."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers