Thursday, October 09, 2008

Urtasun signs on

Pablo Urtasun has today put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the team. The punchy rider, who's got 4 wins to his name, will ride the 2009 season in the orange colours of the team, and will act as Koldo's confidant and last lead-out man in the sprints. "This is a big step in my sporting life (joining Euskaltel)", he said moments after penning the deal. "I've been in Portugal for two years now, but now I return to ride for my local team. I talked to Madariaga and Galdeano about my position in the team and what my main objectives would be, and I'm really pleased. I'll be helping Koldo out in the sprints. I've acted as a lead-out man in other teams, and I can't wait to get going. All that remains now is for me to repay Madariaga's confidence in me". Madariaga himself had this to say: "We've signed a type of rider that will be to great help for Koldo. He's fast and he knows how and where to position himself in a sprint. Koldo is getting better and better, and the arrival of Urtasun will make him even better. Pablo has won four races as a pro, and that's really important as it means he knows how to win a race. We think that this signing will remarkably reinforce the team facing the 2009 season." I totally agree, great signing. I've been expecting him to join the team for some time now and, at 28, he's got the years on his side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that he is a great rider for Euskaltel. He can win and he will help Koldo and Koldo will have more confidence.

But in other side, i am a little bit disappointed. Probably they won't buy nothing else, so Herrero and Gaztañaga are a little bit farer from the team.

Anyway, wellcome Pablo.

Laiseka

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers