Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Future watch: stage 2


Landa (pictured above) and Izagirre stayed with the favourites on today's slightly lumpy second stage from Saint-Amand-Montrond to Cusset to stay in contention for high overall placings. The stage saw the top two places go to the day's breakaway artists, Delaplace and Lindemann, while a peloton numbering 43 riders finished right behind the duo at eight seconds. Among those 43 were Landa and Izagirre, meaning they both advanced on GC. It's still early doors, but the outlook's unquestionably good for the remainder of the race.

4 comments:

arnout said...

Respect they believe he's U23 :D

Vegard said...

Hehe, I am 99.99 % sure that the guy on the picture is not "our" Mikel Landa. :)

Magnus said...

haha, that was what I was saying as well! But I found it next to an interview with him in diario vasco I think. I'll look it up, that guy simply can't be him, looks 15 years older and nothing like the other pics I have of him....

Magnus said...

That's better, huh? Seems like I, and the newspaper btw, fucked up. the guy on the pic was actually called Mikel Landa, but is president of some Basque surf club or something if I translated it correctly! Hilarious!

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers