Tuesday, April 19, 2011

García at the top of his game














22-year-old Orbea rider Ricardo García made his breakthrough at the big stage at last week's Vuelta a Castilla y León. The third-year pro finished a lofty eighth overall after excellent climbing on the queen-stage and a solid concluding time trial. Speaking to Euskaltel's website on Monday, the man himself was naturally pleased. "I'm very content. I feel strong, stronger than ever, and I think I'm progressing year by year", he stated confidently. "But the result is not only a credit to me, it's a credit to the whole team. I had great support from all my team-mates and this eighth overall is in no small part thanks to them. I really struggled on the first climb on Friday's queen-stage, but Víctor Cabedo waited for me and brought me up to Contador's group. I tried to stay as far ahead as possible and eventually came home 15th. I was 13th in the time trial. I always believe in myself, but it was unexpected. I was surprised but obviously satisfied as well." Looking ahead, the youngster diplomatically stated that he hopes the team continues to perform well throughout the season and improve race by race, but he also said he's hoping to grab that very first win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good post! we can play game online at http://gameskidsnow.com

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers