Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sicard's back













After five months on the sidelines, 2009 under-23 World Champ Romain Sicard is finally getting ready for competition again reports BiciCiclismo. The young Frenchman will take part in his home country's one-day Classic de l'Indre next Sunday before embarking on a bunch of late-season races including Plouay, Montreal, Quebec, Beijing, Piemonte and Lombardia. Speaking to the Spanish website, the affable climber sounded optimistic. "I feel better and I've started to train more, almost as much as I'd normally do", he said. "It's very important to me to pin on a race-number again after all these months. I'm convinced everything's on track now. I know I'm not at 100% and that I'm going to suffer, but it'll be good to get back into the swing of racing again nonetheless. It's been tough at times and I've learned a lot". Sicard added that the support he's received from the team has been nothing short of phenomenal, and that he's got his eyes fixed on reaching top, top form in time for the 2012 season.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers