Thursday, September 15, 2011

Landa looking forward to late-season













Mikel Landa will soon close out a memorable first season with Euskaltel. The Murgia-native recently contested the two one-dayers in Canada and will at the start of October travel to China for the inaugural five-day stage-race in Beijing. After that, only Piemonte and Lombardia remain before the climber can take a well-earned rest. The queen-stage winner in the Vuelta a Burgos wasn't too happy with his performances over in Canada though. "I didn't feel good. I don't know if it was the allergies or the jet-lag or whatever, but I wasn't in the shape I though I'd be", he told El Correo today. "I was impressed with the organization though. Everything was top notch over there".

"The Tour of Beijing in an unknown quantity. It'll be five days of racing and we'll see how it turns out. It's the first time ever the team will be heading for China, for what is a WorldTour-event, so it'll be exciting. We'll do our best. Then I'll go straight to Piemonte and Lombardia. I'm not quite sure how my body will handle that much traveling, but I'll take it as it comes. I think my form is on the up though, so hopefully I can keep that going all the way to Lombardia".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers