Sunday, January 08, 2012

Big days ahead for Sáez


Euskaltel newcomer Adrián Sáez has been given anything but a newcomer's schedule for his first season in the WorldTour. The 25-year-old will kick off his season Down Under, then go on to Paris-Nice, before likely closing out his first part of the year in the mighty Giro d'Italia. No wonder he's looking forward to it.


"When they told me I'd be doing Paris-Nice, I got really excited", he told El Correo. "It's a top-level race, so it'll be important to give the team some exposure. I've also been told I'm on the long-list for the Giro, but time will tell if I'll be there or not."

In between the Tour Down Under and Paris-Nice, Sáez will take part in the Spanish season opener: the Mallorca Challenge. Racing in Australia is a first though, and it's an experience he's relishing.

"We've been told what to expect, but being there in person is a completely different thing. It'll be a great experience. I feel ready and in pretty good shape as well. I'm in better shape at this time of year than I was last year - though it remains to be seen how I'll feel when we start the race."

The riders touched down in Adelaide, host town of the Tour Down Under, some ten hours ago. The six-stage race starts off with the annual Down Under Classic in a week, before the race proper gets underway two days later.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers