Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sánchez confirms País Vasco goal
















While the speculation over which Grand Tours Samuel Sánchez will be contesting in 2013 continues to rumble on, one thing appears clear: the Vuelta al País Vasco is not in jeopardy for the reigning champion no matter what GT solution he settles on.

"The intention is to do the Tour, of course", he told BiciCiclismo. "The 2012 edition left me bitter: we had a very nice Tour ahead of us where we could do great things, and overnight I was watching it on TV. It's the best race in the world, and I want to avenge what happened this year. So I won't say 'no' to the Tour now.

"But it's very difficult to be at the top at the Tour and then again at the Vuelta. This year, Valverde was not at his best in France but in top shape in Spain, while the opposite was the case for Froome. I think it would be hard for me. If you want to do two good Grand Tours, a Giro-Vuelta double is the most feasible - like Joaquim Rodríguez did this year and Alberto Contador in 2008".

While an announcement on Samu's 2013 schedule isn't likely before the Vuelta recorrido in unveiled, he did confirm he won't miss out on the team's home race.

"Yes, I'll be at the Vuelta al País Vasco - it's a talismanic race for me: seven stage victories and four podiums; one triumph, one second and two thirds. It's "my" race, and it's a race I want to do. It's the local race. My friends and fans will be there, I know every pothole and curve. It's always nice (to do that race)."

Photo: Cyclingnews

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its my at the start time to transmit on this forum,neutral wannat pushy some friends here.if its not allowed to record on this enter,will cross out this thread.Nice to adjoin you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

Nick said...

Just saw this in CN:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanchez-likely-to-race-giro-ditalia-vuelta-a-espana-in-2013

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers